The following frequently asked questions have been answered by
WHO and FAO:
- What is avian influenza?
- Which viruses cause highly pathogenic disease?
- Do migratory birds spread the disease?
- What is special about the current outbreaks in poultry?
- How do people become infected?
- Is it safe to eat poultry and poultry products?
- Does the virus spread easily from birds to humans?
- What is the status of vaccine development and production (for animals and humans)?
- Should people get flu shots?
- What is the role of hygienic practises in prevention and containment of the disease?